December 1, 2020
Record-breaking Autumn for ’28. Jun’
Thanks to your support our organization has had the busiest Autumn on record! While other humanitarian organizations struggle to survive due to the pandemic, your trust in us has enabled us to help thousands of people in need.
We donated several tons of aid to women’s shelters in Sombor, Pancevo and Zrenjanin to mark a massive launch to our Women’s Project. We’ve also continued to support vets and their families with our ‘Srbi Za Srpske Veterane’ Project. Here is a quick look at what else we accomplished:
NIKOLA TESLA SCHOLARSHIPS – YEAR TWO
Throughout the year, we receive a large number of requests from parents who are looking for the most basic school supplies (notebooks, pens, backpacks), and that number increases drastically in September, at the beginning of the school year.
We are pleased to inform you that once again our organization provided ’28. Jun Nikola Tesla’ scholarships in the form of school work materials for Serbian children in the Knin municipality of Kistanje in Krajina. This is our second year of providing 30 plus scholarships for this region!
NEW SPORTS COURT IN KRAJINA
‣ At a time when the whole world was fighting the peak of the vicious Covid-19 virus, a group of young and determined people found themselves in the village of Đevrske near Knin with the desire to build a tennis court and enable the youngest members of their community to have a sports court.
‣ We helped by painting the court, buying a net for the tennis court, while providing sports equipment in the form of tennis rackets, footballs, basketballs and volleyballs.
‣ Sport is what makes our nation the most recognizable in the world, and we hope that one of these kids will one day follow in the footsteps of our famous sports greats!
HELP SERBIAN FAMILIES 2020 – NOV
‣ In Republika Srpska, we helped the Makaric family by buying books for their 3 kids, as well as clothes, groceries and hygiene products. And most importantly, we bought them wood so they would be warm this winter!
‣ In Banija, we met Djordje Nisevic who is disabled from a serious car accident. We managed to buy him a wheelchair and additional medical supplies which will make his and his parents’ everyday life easier!
‣ In Metohija, our friends ‘Kosovsko Primorje’ asked us to assist in their campaign to help the elderly in the province. We responded by donating a new heater for Baka Marija so she can stay warm as the weather gets colder!
COMPUTER DELIVERY TO STUDENTS IN HERCEGOVINA
A few months ago our DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) team began the campaign for the “Petar II Petrović Njegoš” primary school in the small town of Bileća. Our goal was to enable the students to have access to modern online learning. We would now like to proudly present the end result of our project; happy and grateful students who can hardly wait to make use of the new computers! Thank you to all those who supported us!
As long as we have you to count on, these families have a fighting chance!